Question MasterAir MA620P and Aura Sync

middcore

Commendable
Dec 7, 2018
Cooler Master bills the MasterAir MA620P as compatible with Asus Aura Sync. Can anybody help me figure out how to actually make them work together?

I have a B450-F Strix motherboard with a pair of 4-pin RGB headers. The logical (indeed the only) way that I can see to connect the cooler to the board is to hook the included 4-pin Y splitter from the fans to one of those RGB headers, but when I do that the fan lights don't come on at all. The Aura app lets you change the colors for each RGB header individually so I tried cycling through various options for the header the cooler is connected to, but none of them yielded any result.

I know the lights on the cooler fans DO work and I didn't just receive a pair of defective fans, because if I connect them to the controller Cooler Master includes (which itself connects to a MOLEX) then the fan lights come on immediately and I can cycle through the colors/patterns using that in-line controller.

What am I doing wrong here? Is the Aura Sync compatibility with the MA620P less than Cooler Master is billing it to be? Or is this a problem with Aura, which is by all reports a notoriously buggy piece of software?

middcore

Commendable
Dec 7, 2018
According to step # 14 in your manual for the cooler, did you make sure the arrow on the 4 pin connector for the fans is corresponding with the +12v pin on the motherboard's header? Which BIOS version are you on?

Yes, the arrow is lined up. Can't guarantee it wasn't on their both ways at different times when I was plugging and replugging it trying to get it to work before I noticed the arrow, but I verified it now.

Not sure about BIOS version, I'd have to check, but the board is fresh out of the box purchased last week, I haven't updated it.