Question MasterLiquid Pro 240 or nuctua nhu14-s ???

Phaaze88

Glorious
Ambassador
What do you suggest?
For a 9900K?
A)Not overclocking? More often than not, when people say they won't OC, they actually end up doing it later on... but hey, perhaps it's different for you.
Really, only the mightiest air coolers should apply here.
Deepcool Assassin 3(165mm)
NH-D15(165mm)
Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT(159mm)
You'll have to check chassis clearance with the above models! Also, on the first 2, the front fans will have to be raised if you're using ram taller than 31mm, increasing their height further.

As for liquid, 280mm performance and up. 'Low noise' 360mm is also acceptable.
240mm CAN work(not OC), but there are crap ones in the mix, plus both the performance and value is worse than the 3 coolers mentioned above, which can go toe-to-toe with some 280mm models.

B)Overclocking? Just skip air entirely.
280mm performance and up. Avoid 'low noise' models.

Phaaze88

Glorious
Ambassador
@soroushd12
Sorry. Let me try another approach.
Do you have a set budget?

Link to a store you shop from?

Make and model of your motherboard? This matters because cheaper models do not handle the 9900K very well, even at stock operation.

Make and model of your chassis? That'll determine the sizes of coolers supported.

I'd like to help you through this, but insisting on the same 2 coolers isn't getting anywhere; they are worse than the D15 and the H100i in the video I linked earlier.
If you were to get either the U14S or Masterliquid Pro 240 anyway, you'd be forced to enact power limits to either keep the cpu from thermal throttling, or to keep the mobo's VRMs from doing the same...
That equates to reduced cpu performance, and no one wants that.

Sep 27, 2020
yes I have a limited budget -and my current cooler is ma 610p -my mb : asus z370-h

my case is suported all aio coolers
but

In my country, I do not have access to buy all coolers (D15 and the H100i )

Phaaze88

Glorious
Ambassador
yes I have a limited budget -and my current cooler is ma 610p -my mb : asus z370-h

my case is suported all aio coolers
but

In my country, I do not have access to buy all coolers (D15 and the H100i )
That's why I'd like to know how much the budget is and a link to where you shop. If a link isn't available for the shop, then at least provide the country.
This is so we can explore other possible options.

asus z370-h
That's one's not bad at all. It should pair well with the 9900K.

BradHP

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
I've seen their listings on Amazon, they seem to be a budget brand very similar to UpHere. They don't have a lot of customer reviews, and the majority of those reviews are positive, so I typically tend to trust that a little less. It can be a sign that they're fake or offering some type of reward for good reviews.

And yes, that does happen. My daughter once got offered a $30 gift card to remove a negative review she wrote on earbuds and post a new 5 star one. (She did it, redeemed the GC, then put the bad review back up.)

Reactions: Phaaze88

Phaaze88

Glorious
Ambassador
I've seen their listings on Amazon, they seem to be a budget brand very similar to UpHere. They don't have a lot of customer reviews, and the majority of those reviews are positive, so I typically tend to trust that a little less. It can be a sign that they're fake or offering some type of reward for good reviews.

And yes, that does happen. My daughter once got offered a $30 gift card to remove a negative review she wrote on earbuds and post a new 5 star one. (She did it, redeemed the GC, then put the bad review back up.)
:mdr:
That is beautiful! Good on her to give those scumbags the bird.

ASK THE COMMUNITY