Matching Modules for Dual-Channel

TRVertigo

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2002
My laptop has 1 4gig memory module. I used Speccy to find the manufacturer part number and I have found other 4 gig SODIMMS for sale on ebay with the same part number.

If the part numbers match but the manufacturing dates are off by a couple of years does this matter when trying to match memory to get dual-channel?

I figure the newer parts may have different revision numbers but wouldn't they perform the same with the same timings as the older part with the same number?

Thanks.

Solution

You're :welcome:

Yes, the memory will run in dual channel if you install the same speed (1333MHz) and your laptop will recognize it. Yes, maybe the chips are manufactured by Hyundai and the memory is assembled by Hynix; this type of things happens with many memory manufacturers. I assume you have found...

Legohouse

Honorable
May 13, 2013

Yes, it should work but sometimes it can lead to compatibility issues. As long as the memory specs are the same you should be fine. If you could let me know your laptop model number and the part number of the memory, I can double check it for you.

TRVertigo

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2002

Legohouse TYVM.

I have a Dell n7010 with this mem

Type DDR3
Size 4096 MBytes
Manufacturer Hyundai Electronics
Max Bandwidth PC3-10700 (667 MHz)
Part Number HMT351S6BFR8C-H9 <- this MPN now shows as Hynix on ebay and Google, guess Hyundai either sold or they make a component that shows up as the MF of the mem module.
Serial Number 6033F8FF
Week/year 29 / 10
SPD Ext. EPP

Legohouse

Honorable
May 13, 2013

You're :welcome:

Yes, the memory will run in dual channel if you install the same speed (1333MHz) and your laptop will recognize it. Yes, maybe the chips are manufactured by Hyundai and the memory is assembled by Hynix; this type of things happens with many memory manufacturers. I assume you have found the right memory, if you have then click here - Compatible 4GB 1333MHz HYNIX module

Solution

TRVertigo

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2002

Thanks both you guys for answering.

Legohouse TYVM for the extra information. I really appreciate the effort.

Have a great weekend.