Question Matching ram to MoBo, need advice

Jul 7, 2019
Hey, im currently trying to find some g.skill ram for the msi x470 gaming pro carbon MoBo, i am having a problem with finding compatible ram sticks, specifically im wondering if the following Ram sticks work: RAM.

The MoBo compatibility site is at here. I cant finds that specific model in the list, however im wondering if they will still work with the MoBo, and if there would be draw backs..

Note that im intending to use the R5 2600 CPU.

IF they are not compatible or recommended, could you please recommend some compatible sticks with similar price range, performance, and hopefully some rgb (this isnt neccessary though).

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
There is no real black and white answer to RAM compatibility. The Memory Support list you have linked is simply what has been tested on the motherboard, and there are so many RAM modules being released that it's nigh on impossible for MB manufacturers to test everyone and update their support list accordingly.

The crooks of it, is if you stick to a reputable brand and remember the obvious (I.e. DDR4 vs DDR3), and don't mix RAM modules, it should be fine. So sticking to Corsair, G.Skill, ADATA, Crucial, HyperX etc. you should be fine.

As u probably guessed, what they tell you is guaranteed to work, now you are trying to buy some "third parties" OK, there will be some risk involved, hope return not difficult if necessary.

Basically you are looking for same frequency (HZ), same latency (CL2/3), and same geometry.

Short (not really) explanation GEOMETRY: Assuming same capacity size, if the approved module have 8 chips on each side of the board, stick with that.