Question Matherboard bent socket pin

xpsykogfx

Commendable
Jan 24, 2019
Hello, I noticed my motherboard seems to have one bent pin on the socket, it's really hard for me to see since I don't have a magnifying glass.
I took some pictures to try and see it better but my phone doesn't show it too well either.
It's pretty late for me now so I'll buy a magnifying glass in the morning and check better.
Here is the weird thing, I wanted to test if it would work anyways so I turned on the PC and at first I got 5 short beeps, which would indicate CPU error, however it restarted and then turned on fine. I ran the Intel processor diagnosis tool and all tests passed.
I am waiting for a new PC case which will arrive monday, would it be okay to wait till then to try and unbend the pin once i have tools?

Here are the pictures I took of it View: https://imgur.com/a/oPnGamA

punkncat

Distinguished
Ambassador
There are plenty of videos about doing this. The most common "tool" I see utilized is a toothpick, a magnifying glass, and lot of patience with a steady hand. One pin shouldn't be much of a problem, just don't break it off or damage others in the process.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
Turn it off.
Leave it until Monday, or whenever you are going to rebuild this.

Then, see about fixing that bent pin.

The fact that it did not work initialy is not good. I wouldn't stress it with continued operations.

xpsykogfx

Commendable
Jan 24, 2019
Alrighty thank you for the advice! I hope it's not broken though, from the images it's hard to see it's golden tip.
Seems to be CFG[19] according to the schematics, I wonder what the pin does.

ASK THE COMMUNITY