News Matrox C420 Could Be The Next King of Entry-Level GPUs

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
Gotta say I disagree, this isn't even entry level. 15-30fps at 720 on low-medium? Integrated graphics do better than this. This is more like a work station card.

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
Gotta say I disagree, this isn't even entry level. 15-30fps at 720 on low-medium? Integrated graphics do better than this. This is more like a work station card.
Even a Nintendo Switch is quite a bit more powerful than this, and that's a 5-yo handheld. Might make for a reasonable replacement for a dead 9600 GSO, in a late 2000s build that's somehow still otherwise alive and useful.

Good thing integrated graphics is about omnipresent in the upcoming generation.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Um, considering that the RX 6400 seems to trade blows with the GTX 1650 GDDR6, at least according to this video, then why the heck are people paying so much for this Matrox card?

Now, it's only 6 games tested, AMD leads in 3, Nvidia in the other 3. The narrator is exaggerating a bit when he states that this is GT 1030 levels of power draw, but I'll say that the performance for how little power is drawn is worth noting.
Also, it doesn't start actually getting the comparisons going until about 8 minutes in.

Finally, offhand, anyone know what software is used to have that performance overlay that's being used in the video here?