Matrox G200 vs. Radeon 7000

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

I have some issues with a machine that I suspect are down to the Radeon
7000 and/or it's drivers. I have a G200 in a drawer that I'm thinking of
throwing in to see if the problems go away.

Can anyone tell me how a G200 compares, performance-wise, with a Radeon
7000?

The most demanding gfx tasks are The Sims and DVD playback.

Thanks.

Regards,

Parish

ME

Parish <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>I have some issues with a machine that I suspect are down to the Radeon
>7000 and/or it's drivers. I have a G200 in a drawer that I'm thinking of
>throwing in to see if the problems go away.
>
>Can anyone tell me how a G200 compares, performance-wise, with a Radeon
>7000?
>
>The most demanding gfx tasks are The Sims and DVD playback.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Regards,
>
>Parish

IMHO the Radeon 7000 is considerably faster than the G200.

I would suggest that you put the G200 in and try it.

Andy

Andy@nospam.co.uk wrote:

> IMHO the Radeon 7000 is considerably faster than the G200.
>
> I would suggest that you put the G200 in and try it.

Thanks, I've tried it and although it is slower than the Radeon (half
the framerate in the gClock OpenGL demo) it copes well enough with DVD
playback and The Sims but, most importantly, the problems I was having
seem to have disappeared.

Thanks for the feedback.

Parish