mATX Motherboard for I5 3570k + GPU

lewisjay1

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
Hi everyone I've been out of the loop for awhile when it comes to PC parts and I need some advice as I'm going to be getting some new PC parts for my birthday in a couple of days. So first up I need a mATX motherboard for an i5 3570k that will allow me to overclock with the h100 I currently have and if possible but not completely necessarily I would like to be able to SLI/Crossfire, which leads to my next question as I badly need a GPU upgrade and I have had my eye on the GTX 770 4GB but because I've read up about mantle I've kinda been confused on wether or not it would be a good idea or not to go for AMD instead? Also I need some RAM to go with the motherboard, I've preliminarily decided on some of that 2x4GB low profile corsair ram but again I'm not sure if that's the best for the price.

Recycled parts from my old PC:
Fractal Arc Design Mini
Corsair TX750M
Corsair H100
Seagate 1TB 7200rpm
Dell 24' 1680x1050
Samsung Syncmaster 2032bw 1680x1050

Future Upgrades:
SSD
3x LED Monitors
A second graphics card?
More RAM for video editing

Another question I have is, is it worth getting and ATX case and motherboard? As I know it's hard to find a mATX motherboard that can SLI and I also know that temperature could become a problem when SLI in a mATX case. Sorry for the long windedness of this post and if you've made it this far thank you at least for reading :p Any help will be greatly appreciated! BTW I'm in England so if any link are posted could they be links to parts that are available in England if possible and I would like to keep the cost down but at the moment I would just like to see what's the best for me.
Cheers Lewis Jay Birch

oajarmeh95

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
for the motherboard, you want mATX board supporting SLI/Crossfire.
So why you don't check maximus v gene

for SSD go with intel 530 or samsung evo they are less expensive than corsair ssd and have a good performance

for the monitors check asus VS247H-P it's good and also have ips technology (the size is 23.6 inch)

for the ram, you are going to edit videos and in my opinion purchase an another 8GB (2x4gb) kit so you will have 16gb

At least, doesn't matter the size of the board while you don't going with custom water cooling, the motherboard i have gave you up is have all overclocking futures for another asus ROG motherboards.

and can i ask you what is your graphic card

p.s. the ATX motherboards have more fan pins, PCIe slots and more SATA ports

oajarmeh95

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013

sorry i don't see you have 24 inch monitor here is another asus monitor (VS248H-P)