MATX Motherboard not fitting into fractal design core 1000?

Jacob Jagielski

Reputable
Nov 9, 2014
So i just got my new motherboard which will replace my previous motherboard that doesn't have usb3.0. The motherboard it a is the Asus M5A78L-M USB 3 MATX motherboard. And i've tried to put it into my Fractal design core 1000 which is a MATX case, and the motherboard when im putting it in is scraping against the top of the case where the Disk drivers go and the motherboard over all is a tight fit. I have heard of other people using the same motherboard and the same case as i am, put the motherboard in with no Hassle. I based my build off a build that gamespot did a while back and it seems like the person who built it had no trouble putting the motherboard into the case.

Most likely something isnt properly in place, whether it is the standoffs, I/O shield, or something else. Best bet taking everything out, leave it bare and put the board in first. From pictures it should fit no problem. The board is mATX, and the case supports them so it should not be a problem.

smackers_12

Honorable

It should go right in, do you have the right standoffs in place? the i/o shield? You need to put the board into the case in a way that the i/o goes through the shield first.