[SOLVED] Max angle to Mount OLED TV (LG C8)

indianking

Reputable
Jul 18, 2016
Good afternoon!

We recently purchased a LG OLED C8, just mounted it yesterday, and it's been quite the visual treat. It had replaced an old Vizio 1080p TV which had the VESA mounts in the middle. Since the C8's mount holes are closer to the bottom of the TV, when we had mounted it, it was at a much larger angle when we used our previous mount.

We have more modernized couches which are lower to the ground, so the viewing angle is perfect when we're sitting and watching the C8. But I wasn't sure of the weight distribution of the TV, and I just wanted to be sure the angle it was in wouldn't put too much strain on the TV over time.

Separately, it also above a gas powered fireplace, we normally only turn this on during the winter, but historically our old Vizio never got warm from it, but since this was at a slightly larger angle, do you know if this would damage the TV?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Images are below:
https://i.ibb.co/0qJ0HKn/C8-OLED-Angle.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/VBpJHLh/C8-OLED-Fireplace.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
Nothing wrong with that mounting, the TV looks like it's pretty light and there is not much stress at all on the supports. Our conference rooms have much heavier older TVs hanging for years and they get angled much more than yours.

indianking

Reputable
Jul 18, 2016
Good thinking! Attached are the images below!
C8-OLED-Angle.jpg

C8-OLED-Fireplace.jpg

indianking

Reputable
Jul 18, 2016
Nothing wrong with that mounting, the TV looks like it's pretty light and there is not much stress at all on the supports. Our conference rooms have much heavier older TVs hanging for years and they get angled much more than yours.

Thank you! That's really comforting to know!

I'm surprised in how thin that is.

We were too when we opened the box, it's definitely thinner than our phones. One review site said it was about 6 credit cards thick. Which although sounds nice, made us SO nervous when we had to pick it up to mount since we felt like it was going to bend the screen.