[SOLVED] Max compatible ram and speed timings for an old Biostar TA75A+ PCI Express 2.0 ?

IntrepidBongos

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2015
Working on a PC for my daughter's school projects and got an older, albeit well kept (Looks new) desktop computer from e friend.
It has four DDR3 slots, and while the site itself says it is upgradable to 32GB, there is another another window on their site that says
"Memory support" and lists a bunch of different types of DDR3 and all of them say "2GB" Is "Memory support different from RAM?

Also, when I go to Newegg to purchase said memory, the DDR4 memory available, I am assuming that the "DDR3 1866 MHz" is is compatible with the Biostar TA75A+ PCI Express 2.0 , except it has an "L" in it's title. Like this DDR3/3L,. I don't know what the /3L means, and am worried that the RAM I order might not be compatible with the TA75A+ PCI Express 2.0 Motherboard.

Also any tips on speeding the computer up once I have installed the new RAM would be appreciated.
Thanks!
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/biostar-ta75a-plus/4.html
IB

Solution
DDR3 and DDR3L usually backwards compatible, since the difference is only the voltage where DDR3L runs at 1.35v if the motherboard supports it. Don't put DDR4 module there cause its not compatible

Also this is out of topic, but i rather prefer getting a Xeon E3 1225 V2 or E3 1240 V2 + Any GPU and Gigabyte B75 motherboard if you care about the performance for the pc hehe :D
DDR3 and DDR3L usually backwards compatible, since the difference is only the voltage where DDR3L runs at 1.35v if the motherboard supports it. Don't put DDR4 module there cause its not compatible

Also this is out of topic, but i rather prefer getting a Xeon E3 1225 V2 or E3 1240 V2 + Any GPU and Gigabyte B75 motherboard if you care about the performance for the pc hehe :D

Solution