Question Max GTX 1060 temp?

Nov 1, 2022
I have a MSI Apache pro gaming laptop, with a Nvidia GTX 1060 GPU. I have found multiple sources saying it will stop working at 92 degrees Celsius, however the performance overlay says 95°C. is there a problem with my card? a misreading of the temperature? or am I just misunderstanding something. I would just like to know before I break something. thank you!

Nov 1, 2022
this thread might help = link

though its for CPU
i see a range of temps for max, some cards are 85c, others 94c.

you could run hwinfo to double check the temps = https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

could be it needs a repaste
just now figured out that i can also use dragon center for monitoring my system, thanks to you. And it seems that the nvidia performance overlay can not track the fan speed as it reads 0RPM instead of the dragon center saying, for both cpu and gpu fans, averaging around 6000RPM. The temperature reads the same on dragon center, however it has two bars for temperature with no label other than the current temp, and i am assuming that a full bar = max temperature.

Colif

Win 11 Master
50 to 55 is about normal for a Nvidia gpu at idle, so that is fine. Its likely the GPU would throttle its performance at 95c

What temp does CPU get to?

do you know if you have latest bios as it can help with temperatures
did you look at the msi forums link I showed?