Question Max monitors supported by the 2070MQ GPU on my Alienware m17 laptop ?

Gamefreaknet

Commendable
Mar 29, 2022
Basically whilst I have my Alienware monitor I am considering getting monitors to connect up to my Alienware m17 laptop.
List of ports on my laptop is here: <>

My Laptop Has 1 USB-C (not Thunderbolt USB-C) and HDMI 2.0b
I think I could theoretically get 1 x HDMI Monitor and 1 x USB-C Monitor, or 2 x USB-C monitors (convert the HDMI Output to USB-C).
And if I get a splitter (which I dont currently intend to do) could I extend the amount of monitors to max supported by my GPU?

Lutfij

Titan
According to your URL;
Video
  • One HDMI 2.0b port
  • One mini DisplayPort 1.4
  • One external graphics port
The laptop should have two display output ports, for an external panel, one being the HDMI and the other being a DisplayPort. You can only hook up one panel per display output port, if it were a Thunderbolt port, then you'd have been able to daisy chain multiple panels. Did you look into a dock of sorts, like this one?

Gamefreaknet

Commendable
Mar 29, 2022
According to your URL;
Video
  • One HDMI 2.0b port
  • One mini DisplayPort 1.4
  • One external graphics port
The laptop should have two display output ports, for an external panel, one being the HDMI and the other being a DisplayPort. You can only hook up one panel per display output port, if it were a Thunderbolt port, then you'd have been able to daisy chain multiple panels. Did you look into a dock of sorts, like this one?
My bad... On another look at the port (USB-C) it does turn out to be Thunderbolt 3 (connected to the UHD 630 iGPU). I noticed the mini DP port also (something new to me).