Max Payne 3 Teaser Shows Lots of Bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.

alert101

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
1. It's not Remedy anymore.
2. It's Rockstar.
Conclusion: Another crappy console port with lousy graphics.

I hope I'm wrong, though.

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
[citation][nom]alert101[/nom]1. It's not Remedy anymore.2. It's Rockstar.Conclusion: Another crappy console port with lousy graphics.I hope I'm wrong, though.[/citation]
HA
Oh so true, R* = Failure until they fix GTA IV for the PC.

Kinda cool, but I don't know. It looks to me like they are going away from the whole conspiracy that was building up in the previous two games. Of course, I guess that has to do with it not being from Remedy this time. I guess we'll see.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]truehighroller[/nom]HAOh so true, R* = Failure until they fix GTA IV for the PC.[/citation]
You going off on one again truehighroller??? lmao...

[citation][nom]megamanx00[/nom]Kinda cool, but I don't know. It looks to me like they are going away from the whole conspiracy that was building up in the previous two games. Of course, I guess that has to do with it not being from Remedy this time. I guess we'll see.[/citation]
Maybe this will go the way of CoD, where the good games will be by Remedy and feature the main story line and the bad games will be by R* and feature offshoot storys... lmao

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Trailers like this are pointless if you ask me. What did I learn about the game... Uhmmm... that the creators can mak a good (I liked it anyways) 30 second cinematic? Mk.

stradric

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Raidur[/nom]Trailers like this are pointless if you ask me. What did I learn about the game... Uhmmm... that the creators can mak a good (I liked it anyways) 30 second cinematic? Mk.[/citation]

Hence the whole "teaser" part of the teaser trailer... It's a marketing tactic to create hype for the game. How many different game sites are spreading the word about Max Payne 3 now?

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
I wish Max and Mona would look like they did in MP1. MP2's Max looks like a CSI agent and Mona a Russian hitwoman.

The cover art doesn't look like Max at all.

lvlouro

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
1st if you look carefully it's R* Vancouver the exact same guys who screwed up GTA IV

[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]I wish Max and Mona would look like they did in MP1. MP2's Max looks like a CSI agent and Mona a Russian hitwoman.The cover art doesn't look like Max at all.[/citation]

Totally agree, If you ask me that picture on top looks like Vin Diesel.

Seems like the actor for the sequel as been chosen...

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I just hope the game keeps the comic type story telling with real voice acting and cool phrases ... that's what made the first games great, and the lack of this is what makes the movie so bad.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Focus on the story focus on the story focus on the story...

Too many games nowdays have terrible stories and narrative. The Max Payne games truly are diamonds in a dung heap.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
So ready for the third game in the series, but maybe not this exact version from everything I'm seeing. I mean, the best thing about the series was the story-telling, which for me was what set the series apart from other action 1st/3rd-person shooters. This looks like it may as well be called GTA: Max Payne Enters the Matrix. Why does he even look so much like an Arab instead of his previous self(selves), is it because it is running off the same engine as GTA4 and all this time he is Niko Bellic's cousin? I strongly get the impression that the excellent storyline will be left behind in favor of as many weapons and bullet flying possible. Not impressed at all so far, but time will tell us all I guess.

spike21

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
This looks like a Russian gang member,not like a NY cop in the max pain story.Yep it reminds me of CoD the one that sucked and that some one was smart enough to realize that it wasn't like the original game.To bad Max pain 1 and 2 are one of my all time favorite games.Will NOT be buying this piece of crap.....

G

I think this is too much Max Payne.. The last message was ideal finish of the MP game and, I don't see any reason why should continue. Maybe lack of ideas..

Status
Not open for further replies.