[SOLVED] Max R5 2600 OC with air cooler.

Sep 23, 2018
Wondering what the max OC of the R5 2600 is. Like how far can it go. I 'm planning on buying it and was wondering how far it could go. Could it push 4.25 like the R5 2600X's turbo boost for example.

Solution
With the stock cooler on the 2600 (wraith stealth) I think 4ghz is about as good as you are going to get. The stock cooler is decent compared to Intel, but it is still pretty small. With a decent aftermarket air cooler, I think 4.2 is a reasonable goal.

The problem with matching the 4.25ghz clock of the 2600x is that the 4.25ghz is only on one core. So if you are overclocking all cores, you may not get all of them stable at higher frequencies. This is why for gaming, a the AMD CPUs actually lose some performance when overclocked because most games scale better with faster single threads instead of all cores.
With the stock cooler on the 2600 (wraith stealth) I think 4ghz is about as good as you are going to get. The stock cooler is decent compared to Intel, but it is still pretty small. With a decent aftermarket air cooler, I think 4.2 is a reasonable goal.

The problem with matching the 4.25ghz clock of the 2600x is that the 4.25ghz is only on one core. So if you are overclocking all cores, you may not get all of them stable at higher frequencies. This is why for gaming, a the AMD CPUs actually lose some performance when overclocked because most games scale better with faster single threads instead of all cores.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS