Max. State to 98%?

Hussien_2

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
With my msi gs63vr, which is still new btw, my max temps while playing heavy games like far cry 5 gets to 90c, i disabled turbo by lowering cpu power to 98% which lowered temps to 75c ,the game still ran at 60fps,,but will that damage the cpu in the long run or is it good to keep it there? Thanks.

Solution
You can disable turbo boost in your bios as well but you got an alternative that works too. It's not bad for sure. What is bad is stressing your cpu to high/very high temps.
I don't know how the game handles core/thread utilization but it seems that the core usage is threaded because the turbo kicks in while gaming
Ambient temps? It won't damage, but you should be concerned about troubleshooting your actual problem rather than tackling it. Even 90 C will not damage cpu but you wouldn't want to keep it running at those temps. A laptop cooler may help, try to improve airflow, keep it clean, don't block air intake/outake.

Hussien_2

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017

Yeah I lowered the cpu usage to 98% to disable turbo boost which causes heat, now the game runs at 75c max,,my question is if disabling turbo boost is a actually a good thing or bad for the cpu?

You can disable turbo boost in your bios as well but you got an alternative that works too. It's not bad for sure. What is bad is stressing your cpu to high/very high temps.
I don't know how the game handles core/thread utilization but it seems that the core usage is threaded because the turbo kicks in while gaming

Solution

TRENDING THREADS