[SOLVED] Max temp for a 1070ti

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
Hey guys.I would like to know what is the max temp for a GTX 1070ti gaming oc 8gb(I think it's the oc model got it without package)I got it second hand but it got 1 year warrant so can't change thermal paste.In heaven it max out at 79C in games 77C.Is this safe?

Solution
Yes, it is perfectly safe. You are actually lower than expected if those temps are at full load. Anything below 86C is considered normal and expected.

If you still don't think that that temp is low enough, you can make your own custom fan curve to be more aggressive and/or make the case airflow better by adding more fans to cool your system (if it's possible).

My card (a 1070 NON Ti) runs at 74C at full load because I use an aggressive fan curve and use 6 case fans.
Yes, it is perfectly safe. You are actually lower than expected if those temps are at full load. Anything below 86C is considered normal and expected.

If you still don't think that that temp is low enough, you can make your own custom fan curve to be more aggressive and/or make the case airflow better by adding more fans to cool your system (if it's possible).

My card (a 1070 NON Ti) runs at 74C at full load because I use an aggressive fan curve and use 6 case fans.

Solution