[SOLVED] Max temp for heap pipe CPUs?

wbhamner

Reputable
Jun 12, 2018
I have a small thermoelectric generator that makes 5W from two TE modules. I use a heat sink for the cold side that is a water tank. Now I am looking at heatpipe CPUs and wondering if they would work to cool the module? Does anyone know the max temp the heat pipes can handle, and any other issues I should know? I have not worked with CPU coolers before.

Solution
Does anyone know the max temp the heat pipes can handle, and any other issues I should know? I have not worked with CPU coolers before.
unless this is a furnace with extreme temperatures no damage could come to any metal heatsinks/pipes.

there is no scale to tell what exact temperature a certain cooler may be able to face.
their only goal is to keep certain ranges of processors from reaching dangerous temperatures, ~100°C.
and even then the majority of them are depending on fans to blow the heat away from the heatsink & pipes so how much static heat they could stand without fans wicking the heat away would be a different value than their intended.
Does anyone know the max temp the heat pipes can handle, and any other issues I should know? I have not worked with CPU coolers before.
unless this is a furnace with extreme temperatures no damage could come to any metal heatsinks/pipes.

there is no scale to tell what exact temperature a certain cooler may be able to face.
their only goal is to keep certain ranges of processors from reaching dangerous temperatures, ~100°C.
and even then the majority of them are depending on fans to blow the heat away from the heatsink & pipes so how much static heat they could stand without fans wicking the heat away would be a different value than their intended.

Solution