[SOLVED] Max Temp For i5-9600K is 100C?!

Solution
Does Intel mean that as long as temps stay below 100C it is safe? If not, what is the max core temp for the i5-9600K and where would I find that info?

box o rocks,

Although "Throttle" temperature for the i5-9600K is 100°C, cooler is better for ultimate stability, performance and longevity. Accordingly, it’s never advisable to run a CPU near it's thermal limit. Here's the nominal operating range for Core temperature:

Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended.

Core temperatures below 80°C are ideal.

When discussing processor temperatures, there are 3 major variables to keep in mind:

(1) Environmental conditions
(2) Hardware configurations
(3)...

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Does Intel mean that as long as temps stay below 100C it is safe? If not, what is the max core temp for the i5-9600K and where would I find that info?

box o rocks,

Although "Throttle" temperature for the i5-9600K is 100°C, cooler is better for ultimate stability, performance and longevity. Accordingly, it’s never advisable to run a CPU near it's thermal limit. Here's the nominal operating range for Core temperature:

Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended.

Core temperatures below 80°C are ideal.

When discussing processor temperatures, there are 3 major variables to keep in mind:

(1) Environmental conditions
(2) Hardware configurations
(3) Software workloads

If you'd like to get yourself up to speed on this topic, then as Dark Lord of Tech suggested, read our guide: Intel Temperature Guide - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/intel-temperature-guide.1488337/

CT 😎

Solution
Why would you think I'd run w/o a cooler? Using a Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition.

I did not say you would run it without a cooler...; I merely said 'please don't' as a preventative caution.

As you mentioned no cooling solution at all, and were asking about the safety of 100C temps...; it would not be an extreme logic leap to partially worry that someone might try the 'no cooler' approach, as has been done here on the forum about once or twice per week. :)

box o rocks

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012
I did not say you would run it without a cooler...; I merely said 'please don't' as a preventative caution.

As you mentioned no cooling solution at all, and were asking about the safety of 100C temps...; it would not be an extreme logic leap to partially worry that someone might try the 'no cooler' approach, as has been done here on the forum about once or twice per week. :)
Oh, I see. You thought that maybe since the i5-9600K comes w/o a cooler, that I might not know I needed to add one. OK.