Max temperature for Gigabyte Mother board

Abhijit Mondal

Reputable
May 25, 2015
Hi everyone, I would like to know what's the max temp for Gigabyte-78LMT-S2PT(rev 4.x) Motherboard.. I am using it in a CM elite 311 cabinet with good cable management.. and have paired it with AMD FX0-6300, GTX 750 Ti & Corsair 8 GB ram.. I live in India and the weather is warm most of the time.. While playing Games like Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed Unity, Crysis 3 at 1366x768 and medium settings the temp of the motherboard were as :
TMPIN1 49C (min) 69C (max)
TMPIN2 40C (min) 65C (max)
At first I thought the temp was ok considering the weather in India but I have doubt, since after 1 hour of gameplay it shows these readings, So, are these temps are ok or do I need more fans in my cabinet for airflow .. The cabinet already has 1 exhaust fan, I'm planning to buy 2 CM sickle flow 120 mm fans (1 exhaust & 1 intake).. Will they be of any help.. If not what should I do if the Motherboard Temperature is not ok... :??: :??: PLZ HELP !!! :cry:

Solution

A12MO12

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012

just checked the specs quickly. You planning on replacing the default fan on the rear?
Is your CPU cooler just the default one or do you have an aftermarket cooler?

The optional fans you can install are 120/140mm in front and 80/90mm in the rear - this is in addition to the 120mm rear default fan. Adding more fans will surely increase airflow and lower temperature slightly.

I think right now your temps are a bit too high. That CPU, AMD FX0-6300, you want to have max temp of around 65 C (this would be acceptable level). Now the issue is that I don't think your CPU was under full load and it still got hotter than 65 C.

Should try out the exhaust + intake fans you ordered and monitor the temps. If it is not enough I would suggest getting a better CPU cooler possibly water cooling. Can also try reapplying new thermal paste and making sure the CPU cooler is mounted well.

I'm not sure what CPU cooler you have but I'm sure it would make a big difference if you picked up a good CPU cooler.
Noctua D14, Noctua D15, and corsair h80i (watercooling) are compatible with your mobo and case.

I find the Noctua are one of the best for air cooling. If you want a bit more cooling then corsair h80i is good (actually will cool a bit more than you need but its a solid investment). The coolers are between $75-$100 US depending where you look, not sure how much it would cost in India.

Solution

Abhijit Mondal

Reputable
May 25, 2015
I am not planning to replace the rear fan and the AMD FX-6300 is using its stock cooler..
I will be using the other 2 (120mm) fans as - intake from front and exhaust through side panel..
then I will record the temperatures, if they are still high, I think I will have to go for a liquid cooler..
Corsair H80i costs around 7200 INR or $120 US.. how about the Corsair H60 and Corsair H40 ?? will any of these two be a good choice... I'm asking this cause the Corsair H80i is a little out of budget and also including the tax it will cost around $130 US.. Thanks for u'r help... :)