[SOLVED] Maximize AIO lifespan and pump.

Aug 1, 2019
Hi,

I own a Kraken x72 and I'm really happy with it, it has still 10 month guarantee left since I bought it in a different country and the shop only gives 1 year, my question is how do I take more care of the pump in itself since I know AIO no matter the quality or brand usually fail in these aspects, I understand as well that if someone write a review in the Internet that's usually negative is for such pump failure in general...

I'd like to also understand what does the pump rpm really work is, I understand fans will keep the radiator cool as the liquid it has while the pump moves the water through the pump in itself to cool the chip so I wonder if keeping the liquid temperature right while the silent/low rpm on the pump is the best option to also take care of its lifespan, I really don't understand fully the pump rpm changes since I believe it doens't make much of a change really and usually it always depend on the radiator and the liquid temperature still I understand higher pump should be more cooling but yes I am either overclocking and my chip is running fine in silent yet I wonder what's the best way of handling it.

Cheers,

~R

Solution
Hi,

I own a Kraken x72 and I'm really happy with it, it has still 10 month guarantee left since I bought it in a different country and the shop only gives 1 year, my question is how do I take more care of the pump in itself since I know AIO no matter the quality or brand usually fail in these aspects, I understand as well that if someone write a review in the Internet that's usually negative is for such pump failure in general...

I'd like to also understand what does the pump rpm really work is, I understand fans will keep the radiator cool as the liquid it has while the pump moves the water through the pump in itself to cool the chip so I wonder if keeping the liquid temperature right while the silent/low rpm on the pump is the...
Hi,

I'd like to also understand what does the pump rpm really work is, I understand fans will keep the radiator cool as the liquid it has while the pump moves the water through the pump in itself to cool the chip so I wonder if keeping the liquid temperature right while the silent/low rpm on the pump is the best option to also take care of its lifespan, I really don't understand fully the pump rpm changes since I believe it doens't make much of a change really and usually it always depend on the radiator and the liquid temperature still I understand higher pump should be more cooling but yes I am either overclocking and my chip is running fine in silent yet I wonder what's the best way of handling it.

Cheers,

~R
Just like fans, there's nothing you can do to prolong life of an AIO cooler.

Solution