Maximum hero qcode99 won't post with more than 4 gb of RAM

kcw_everything_broken

Commendable
May 8, 2016
I can't get my Asus maximum 8 hero to post past super io initialization with more than 4gb of RAM. I using Asus maximum 8 hero, 6700k Intel processor, 770gtx graphics card, corsair h100i gtx processor heat sink, corsair HX850i PSU, and 2x8gb corsair vengeance LPX ddr4 RAM dimms, the OS is Windows 10 pro 64bit. I have a single 4gb ramm dimm that it will boot with, but that not an acceptable amount of memory.

Solution
It's weird, do you have access to another rig that can run DDR4 you can try the sticks in. Thinking bad sticks or bad mobo. They should boot

kcw_everything_broken

Commendable
May 8, 2016

okay i tested this a lot. i installed all the bios available on Asus web site but the result was the same. the latest bios was the last one i tried.

kcw_everything_broken

Commendable
May 8, 2016

I don't, when i first built it Saturday it worked fine. but when i turned it on Monday i was like this. this is the 3rd motherboard I've used and it seems to keep doing this. i build it and everything's working fine turn it off and it wont boot with more than 4gb of ram.

kcw_everything_broken

Commendable
May 8, 2016

I doubt its the PSU it was doing that on other PSU. as for the ram, i unconvinced its at flat considering both 4gb ram dimms work just not together. but I guess I'll look it to see for a shop that could test or just buy another set (was planing on doing that anyway).