[SOLVED] Maximum memory?

Apr 11, 2020
View: https://imgur.com/a/iXUSajW

Here's screenshot.

I've got 4x PC25600 8GB there.

Speed is slow and it only accepts 16GB of RAM as usable?

Ryzen 5 2600
Asus TUFX470

I am not sure, but somewhere I have red that it's capable of handling 64GIGS memory, not just 16.

Also the clocks are just 2133 which is quite low for 3200MHz memories.

Have I done mistake in selection of hardware and it doesn't handle more than 16GB RAM or flaw is somewhere else?
Is there any way to make it work 32GB on clocks that are expected from said RAM?

Solution
It may or may not work, it's just pure chance if it does but AMD Ryzen is still finicky with memory. I've seen a few builds with a 2600 that worked great with 2x8gb at 3200 and even if they added in a second identical kit they had to lower the memory speed from 3200 to like 3000 or 2933 to make it stable/work but they were lucky enough to see the 32gb. While it's more annoying to have to sell your kit and buy a 2x16gb kit it would be far more stable for the build.

WildCard999

Titan
Max 64gb, up to 3466mhz depending on the CPU. To fix the speed you need to go into the BIOS and enable DOCP (ASUS version of XMP) for the memory to run at the correct speed, voltage & timings. With that 2600 it'll probably run at 3000mhz, maybe a little bit less.

Apr 11, 2020
Max 64gb, up to 3466mhz depending on the CPU. To fix the speed you need to go into the BIOS and enable DOCP (ASUS version of XMP) for the memory to run at the correct speed, voltage & timings. With that 2600 it'll probably run at 3000mhz, maybe a little bit less.

If 64GB is maximum, why does it shows 16GB? There's Ryzen 5 2600 inside.

If 64GB is maximum, why does it shows 16GB? There's Ryzen 5 2600 inside.
Have you reset the bios yet, either through the bios itself setting it back to defaults or by pulling the cmos battery? You might also need to update the bios to the last version specifically specified for Ryzen 2000. For my B450 motherboard, I had to update to the newest available bios intended for Ryzen 3000 before I could get my two Patriot Viper Steel series DDR4 4000 kits to work together at 3000MT/s. If resetting the bios or updating the bios does not fix it, there may be is damage to a CPU pin.

You are not likely to get 4x8GB to run at 3200MT/s on your 2600 without extensive tweaking. The best you will likely get stable is 2933-3000MT/s. It's a limitation of the memory controller for Ryzen 2000 when using dual rank configurations.

Apr 11, 2020
Was that purchased as two 2x8gb kits?
Almost, does that matter? I thought it's just two 8GB chips packed together.
It was 2x16GB kit's and it's even showing in bios that one chip is 8192MB

Have you reset the bios yet, either through the bios itself setting it back to defaults or by pulling the cmos battery? You might also need to update the bios to the last version specifically specified for Ryzen 2000.
Okey, now I flashed bios, everything was looking fine, and sudden;y display is turned off and PC is running. I don't know if I can restart it yet, I don't want to mess up the bios flashing.

Apr 11, 2020
Okey, I tried to flash bios, display is not having signal. After pulling out CMOS battery and putting it back, still no signal. I think I've bricked it.

It does matter because even if they are identical kits if they were sold separately then there's a chance they won't work together which could be part of the issue.
Really? Manufacturers must be crazy those days, they are two identical kits...

Back in the day on 800MHz DDR2 RAM just worked.

WildCard999

Titan
It may or may not work, it's just pure chance if it does but AMD Ryzen is still finicky with memory. I've seen a few builds with a 2600 that worked great with 2x8gb at 3200 and even if they added in a second identical kit they had to lower the memory speed from 3200 to like 3000 or 2933 to make it stable/work but they were lucky enough to see the 32gb. While it's more annoying to have to sell your kit and buy a 2x16gb kit it would be far more stable for the build.

Solution