Maximum number of fonts in XP

darren

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Can anyone tell me the maximum number of fonts (TrueType/PostScript/etc.)
that Windows XP SP2 can officially manage?

Darren wrote:
> Can anyone tell me the maximum number of fonts
> (TrueType/PostScript/etc.) that Windows XP SP2 can officially manage?

A simple Google search reveals that the answer is "unlimited".
http://www.pixeltwisters.com/infosource-howmanyfonts.html

Know that too many fonts can have speed effects on your system:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0%2C1759%2C1768888%2C00.asp

--
<- Shenan ->

you cannot have unlimited fonts for it would need unlimited space to store
them.

--
Kenny

Kenny S wrote:
> you cannot have unlimited fonts for it would need unlimited space to
> store them.

I'm relatively sure that with the size of fonts and the size of hard drives
and availability of cheap RAID systems, that all fonts available today could
easily fit on a system - although it is doubtful all the fonts would be
needed.

You could easily say that they cannot have unlimited fonts because there is
a finite number of available fonts.

The limitation is not a fixed number - how about that?

--
<- Shenan ->

Does "as many as you want" ring your bell?

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)