Question Maximums Hero 6 + rtx3060ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2023
Hello, Im thinking to upgrade a graphics card, and I wonder if I can put a rtx 3060ti which have a PCIe 4.0 into a maximus hero 6 which only have PCIe 3.0 (dont suggest other builds, as I might be upgrading everything soon, I just plan to put it in temporary for gaming and I wonder)

Question: Is it even possible, will it run safe - IF YES, what are the limitations, and what to expect?

Thanks a lot for your help

Solution
The slot is backwards compatible. What is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? Would be best to make sure your motherboard is on the latest BIOS version before you drop in a GPU into the slot. Curious to also know what processor you've paired with the motherboard.

Lutfij

Titan
The slot is backwards compatible. What is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? Would be best to make sure your motherboard is on the latest BIOS version before you drop in a GPU into the slot. Curious to also know what processor you've paired with the motherboard.

Solution
Sep 15, 2023
Hey man, thanks for your knowledge, I highly appriciate your effort.

The PSU is Crosshair Enthusiast Series TX850w age of it is around 10years. Tho never rly put much stress on it, it was kind of bought as overkill at the time of purchase, you think it will be still ok? As for the CPU I'm trying to test things out with Intel Core i7-4790K

Status
Not open for further replies.