Maximus Gene-IV won't boot (issue)

datakeeper

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Hey there!

So I have an Asus Maximus IV-Gene Z. This is my first real build and I'm pretty stoked.

I had most of the parts necessary: Mobo, DDR3 (Corsair XS3) and CP (Intel G530). What I didn't have was a hard drive and an optical drive. But I just wanted to build this thing so badly, I went ahead with it. It worked fine, it went straight to BIOS. I messed around a bit. Then I removed the PSU connections and put it back in the Mobo box for when I got my SSD (Kingston V100 32gb).

So I got my SSD, I plug everything and...nothing.

I push the Start button, the fans turn on. That's it. The little number box next to the start button read "00". Usually it has numbers. I'm scared.

I'm worried that some static shock killed it.

To be specific about the environment it was set up in:
It was ontop of a large piece of cardboad.
I had touched pieces of metal to discharge AND I was wearing an old Rosewill Anti-Static wrist strap connected to a small piece of sheet metal. I had no socks on (don't know if that even matters).

Please, give me good news Doctors.

datakeeper

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

Nope! No Hard Drive, no nothing. This is all I've got.

Well, you said that it was working, then you played around in the BIOS, then it wasn't working, so you could try resetting the BIOS to the original settings.

Pop the battery out for 15 min and then stick it back in while trying as much as possible not to touch the "down" side or to let other things touch it (while it is out, put it on a table upside down, for instance).