Maximus IV Extreme - Q LED CPU LED lit up

mitchp911

Distinguished
May 20, 2011
Hey guys, having some problems with my motherboard.

I was just doing some cable managing and went to reboot after it looked a lot better and the computer won't boot. Nothing shows up on the monitor (I know the monitor is working) and the 2 LED's used for troubleshooting on the mobo aren't lighting up.

What I did notice however is that the CPU LED right under the 24-pin connector is lighting up. In the manual it says those LED's are the motherboard checking all startup hardware. So, does that mean the CPU is faulty? Did I mess it up when I was cable managing? What else could be the problem? Thanks.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
This is going to sound stupid, but did you plug in the CPU power cable?

And if you did that, then the next thing you'll probably want to do is reset your CMOS. I almost always have to do this when I mess around with my wire management. Just remember that this will erase any OC settings you had...
Just pull out the little silver battery (or use a jumper or button specifically made for this, although the battery does the same thing) and wait for maybe half a minute. Put it back in and see if it will boot.

Vaentus

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011

Were you able to get it working, it sounds like we are both having the same problem, your response would be greatly appreciated, can reach me at marcos.osse@gmail.com. Thanks.

Vaentus

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011

I ended up having to return it to the store I purchased it from, I took it to a computer shop and they said the motherboard was dead, they used parts they new worked and couldn't get it working, I purchased the same motherboard again and is amazing, I would suggest it to any person looking for a motherboard.