Maximus Ranger VII getting Q-code 00 multiple times!

Roonie

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015
Hey,
so I just biult my first gaming rig. Basically I got it all going within one day (got a Q-code 00 because of oudatet firmware).
Started the whole thing up and after 3 hours is suddenly shut down...

When I startet it again it showed a Q-code 00. So I picked the whole rig apart and tried starting it with just Mobo/CPU/PSU/1 RAM outisde the case -> all wen fine it started up again and I put it together again. -> all works fine

20 Mins later same things happens -> this time I remove an obsolete case standoff -> start it up -> works fine

Next day I want to start the Desktop -> Q-code 00
This time I start picking it apart starting with the my after market CPU Cooler ( Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev. B)
and try to start again -> all works fine (haven't started it yet again as not to damage something..)

P.s. everytime I get the Q-code 00 the CPU Led on the mobo blinks. I have tried it with 2 different heat pastes and none has gotten anywhere than the top of the CPU. Also I didn't screw on the Cooler extra tight, just so it won't move.

Please help me find out what's causing the problem, since I ordered my Mobo/CPU/Cooler over Amazon I can't just go somewhere and let them test the components? Could it also be a faulty PSU, how can I check?
Ps.s. The only things I could think of interfering with mit CPU is that the sleeve of the 8bit Cpu power cable rests on top of the cooler...

Thanks in advance!

Specs:
CPU: Intel i7 4790k
Mobo: Asus Rog Maximus VII (already upadated firmware)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0
SSD: Crucial M550 256GB
Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY black DDR3-1866 16gb (x2)
Cooler: Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev. B
PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 10 600W ATX 2.4
Case: be quiet! Silent Base 800

Hutcheh

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2014
Might be misreading 00 for D0.

D0 is CPU initialization error on my Maximus VII Hero

I am unsure of what might be causing this though. Are you connecting a 4pin to the CPU Power or an 8?

TRENDING THREADS