maximus vi hero power button

jordonma

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
I have a maximus vi hero motherboard, It has an internal power button but I the power button for the case, I am trying to hook up the external power button on the Case. I cannot even find a pin spot that matches a CN-0H086M. The connector can fit in the USB pin port while this shows the button has power, It does not allow the button to be active. The CN-0H086M came with the Chassis a "Dell XPS 435T 9000". All the insides are new My friend gave me the case. Am I missing where I can plug a CN-0H086M into a maximus vi hero motherboard? or should I get a different power button / cable?

Solution
It will not work plugging the Dell connector into the ASUS header.
You'll need cables like http://www.quietpc.com/images/products/na-front-panel-ss-large.jpg .
What's the Dell motherboard? We have to identify the front panel pinout.
It might be
okNDpMr.png

So you'll have to connect PWR SW from Dell to ASUS:
7lsl-5.png

jordonma

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
Dell XPS 435T 9000 is the case, I re-wrote my question, I have the flu and was half awake when I wrote it. I tried plugging the CN-0H086M power button into the pin port you posted, (thank you for that) but it did not work.

jordonma

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015

Hi Alexoiu, I appreciate the help. I was able to order a power button that will work out based on the information you gave, thank you very much.

TRENDING THREADS