Maximus Vii ranger won't boot, but is turned on?

Malte Flammild

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
So me and my girl just got finished this build, and ran into some trouble when we started it for the first time. We had a screen, mouse and keyboard plugged into the computer, when we started it and found out that it didn't boot. On the motherboard there is 2 LED's blinking, one where the CPU LED and the other where it says DRAM LED. On the display it says first 00 - 21 - and then comes a lot of other numbers that i can't see, because it goes to fast. But there was numbers as 35 and 55 as well.

The rig is the following:
i5 4790k 1150
GTX 970
Corsair h100i Water cooling
128 mb ssd
1tb sshd
cooler master psu 600w
G.Skill tridentx 2x4 2400 mhz ddr3
Rog Maximus VII ranger

We just need a way to get this to work!
We are totally lost, and it seems like we cant find the answer on the internet. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Make sure you have all power connections placed, seated completely and didn't miss any. Some common ones to miss are (for yours) the 8-pin CPU (or EATX-12V) power near your CPU and ports and the PCI-E power cable to your video card. Sometimes the main ATX power, 24-pin, is difficult to seat completely, double check it. Make sure your RAM is firmly seated and even reseat your graphics card.

Your motherboard has a specific configuration when you insert your RAM, your two modules need to be in DIMM A2 and DIMM B2, the red ones.

If these steps haven't resolved your issue, remove your heatsink and fan and check that you have the CPU in its proper position (the triangle in the corner is the key). Clean the paste off of the CPU and heatsink...

spadam_2000

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Make sure you have all power connections placed, seated completely and didn't miss any. Some common ones to miss are (for yours) the 8-pin CPU (or EATX-12V) power near your CPU and ports and the PCI-E power cable to your video card. Sometimes the main ATX power, 24-pin, is difficult to seat completely, double check it. Make sure your RAM is firmly seated and even reseat your graphics card.

Your motherboard has a specific configuration when you insert your RAM, your two modules need to be in DIMM A2 and DIMM B2, the red ones.

If these steps haven't resolved your issue, remove your heatsink and fan and check that you have the CPU in its proper position (the triangle in the corner is the key). Clean the paste off of the CPU and heatsink with 91% alcohol and a lint free cloth and reapply paste (not too much or too little).

I hope I haven't offended you, as I have hit some very basic things. Just double checking.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS