Question Maximus VIII Hero not posting with certain RAM configurations

f.karvay

Prominent
Jan 27, 2019
So, upgraded to DDR4, at last! Yay! Speed and-
Nope. It doesn't post with all four slots.
Maximus VIII Hero
I7-6700 (not k because I got this one second hand for a 100€)
4x8GB Hyper X Fury 2133 (Model N° HX421C14FB/8)

You see, the thing is, it won't post in certain scenarios.. That being when the RAM is in any other slot other than A2/B2. There can be sticks in both of those.. But A1/B1 are a forbidden area. I tried to scour the mighty google but found no results. (Updated bios to the latest drivers, still the same.)
Getting Qcode 55 when any ram is in A1/B1
Cycling between 01/03 when all 4 sticks in
MemOk! Does nothing but reset in both scenarios.
Resetting bios/cmos also no results.
Am out of ideas.. Help please.

f.karvay

Prominent
Jan 27, 2019
Try removing the CPU, taking a picture of the CPU socket and posting it here.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been away for a couple days.. But yeah, I dissasembled the PC and.. Well, have a look yourself.
https://pin.it/nf2rn22ywtid4z
I don't know if you can see it, (sorry for the quality, seems Pinterest decreases it.. I have no idea how to upload pictures here otherwise though) but some of the pins are bent. This board was, in fact, given to me for free by my friend, so I'm not mad. Just sad he didn't tell me. I gave him the CPU to socket it as soon as he took the board out for his PC upgrade.
Do you think straightening the pins would help?

f.karvay

Prominent
Jan 27, 2019
HX421C14FB/8

Memory modules sold as Singles have no guarantee to be compatible in any configuration other than as a Single module.

You may be lucky to get two working together. With four modules, your results are typical.

Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Memory manufacturers sell kits of memory.
HX421C14FB2K4/32

That's all well and fine, however that doesn't explain A1/B1 slots not working.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been away for a couple days.. But yeah, I dissasembled the PC and.. Well, have a look yourself.
https://pin.it/nf2rn22ywtid4z
I don't know if you can see it, (sorry for the quality, seems Pinterest decreases it.. I have no idea how to upload pictures here otherwise though) but some of the pins are bent. This board was, in fact, given to me for free by my friend, so I'm not mad. Just sad he didn't tell me. I gave him the CPU to socket it as soon as he took the board out for his PC upgrade.
Do you think straightening the pins would help?

There are some bent pins indeed on the left side (3 areas). You can try straightening them. A magnifying glass would help.