Question Maximus xii hero stuck in LN2/CPU overheating

Nov 29, 2020
Asus maximus xii hero wifi
I7 10700k

Just built a new rig. Created my raid volume, installed OS, and started installing mobo apps.
Everything thing was running great. I installed Asus suit and was prompted to update BIOS. Ran the update, pc automatically restarted, and upon reboot i get a cpu over temp error.
Temps after the update are now running between 85c and 90c, will not come down.
I went back and checked the BIOS version and found a later version, updated again via USB.
Once the update is complete I'm prompted to recover BIOS settings. While in BIOS fresh from update temps are perfect. Once I attempt to boot windows the temps go right back up.

Any ideas on a fix here?

I did notice the mobo is stuck in LN2 enabled.
The board doesn't have a switch nor can I find it in BIOS.
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

SM/Madao

Great
Jul 2, 2020
Good AIO.

Is unusual to be Software base problem if the PC automatically shut off, it likely to be hardware problem relate to the AIO itself.

Otherwise if it reaching over 85c, the tube should be very warm. Try to softly grip whole tube by hand, the whole tube should be warm otherwise if it found out to be "cold", there something wrong with AIO itself.

Nov 29, 2020
Good AIO.

Is unusual to be Software base problem if the PC automatically shut off, it likely to be hardware problem relate to the AIO itself.

Otherwise if it reaching over 85c, the tube should be very warm. Try to softly grip whole tube by hand, the whole tube should be warm otherwise if it found out to be "cold", there something wrong with AIO itself.

I appreciate your responses here.
The pc hasn't automatically shut down on me yet.
The reason I believe it may be software:
-If I update the bios the cpu temps run perfect right after the initial update. Once it forces me to recover bios settings is when the temps go right back up.
-With LN2 being enabled I see it is automatically overclocking my cpu.
And for some reason I'm unable to disable LN2.

guramive

Prominent
Mar 26, 2020
Hello, what Bios version do you have right now? is it the latest? or if u remember what was before? maybe try to downgrade 1 step back if latest is not yet fully tested(sort of)