News Maxsun GeForce RTX 4070 Ti MGG Cooler Boasts Five Fans

ManDaddio

Reputable
Oct 23, 2019
I think amidst all the noise today we forget that being a PC enthusiast is not just about having the fastest amongst the contenders.
Sometimes simply adding style to our electronic empire is something worth just as much.
Over the years I have actually started to like having lights and color in my builds.
I'm not sure why maxsun would go out of their way for an RTX 4070 TI with this kind of style but it does look good.
I just wish you could overclock the 4070 TI to match the outrageous effort in this particular GPU.

deNameMo

Reputable
Mar 19, 2019
I think amidst all the noise today we forget that being a PC enthusiast is not just about having the fastest amongst the contenders.
Sometimes simply adding style to our electronic empire is something worth just as much.
This is something that has been dying/fading over the past years. It seems everything that has made this space so great, creative and bizzare went away, once management of those companies decided maximizing profits is the most important thing.

RGB is useless so ignore that. What interesting unique, very creative product has really made waves in the past years due to its uniqueness? I can't think of any.

Reactions: Friesiansam

Friesiansam

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2015
Over the years I have actually started to like having lights and color in my builds.
I'm not sure why maxsun would go out of their way for an RTX 4070 TI with this kind of style but it does look good.
I just wish you could overclock the 4070 TI to match the outrageous effort in this particular GPU.
On the other hand, there are a lot of people like me, who have deliberately chosen a windowless case, with no mesh at the front, so that we cannot see what's inside whilst using the PC.

I don't want to have to pay for style and RGBling I will never see, once the side of the case is closed.

Reactions: bit_user and KyaraM

KyaraM

Admirable
If you guys want ridiculous, Yeston had quite a few pretty interesting designs over the past couple years, both for AMD and Nvidia cards. And I have frankly no idea where the complaint about less RGB comes from, when my Gainward Phoenix RTX 4070Ti card was recently called a "colorful unicorn" in a review and is outright littered with RGB lights at the underside. It's a disco ball in my case. Personally, though, I prefer a more subdued approach to RGB and can live completely without. That GPU of mine is the only source of RGB in there.

Reactions: bit_user

deNameMo

Reputable
Mar 19, 2019
On the other hand, there are a lot of people like me, who have deliberately chosen a windowless case, with no mesh at the front, so that we cannot see what's inside whilst using the PC.

I don't want to have to pay for style and RGBling I will never see, once the side of the case is closed.
Having a tempered glas is certainly advantagous. It's not a must-have, but trust me, it's better to be able to peek inside your machine and see red debug lights (for example post error, RAM error etc.), see if anything is odd etc.

I can't tell you how many times I've quickly peeked at my CPU fan to see if my machine is even on (sleep-hibernation issues sometimes).

Honestly it looks really great as well asthetically. They aren't really massively more expensive. Again not a must-have, but I certainly won't buy non-tempered anymore. Win-Win all around

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Having a tempered glas is certainly advantagous. It's not a must-have, but trust me, it's better to be able to peek inside your machine and see red debug lights (for example post error, RAM error etc.), see if anything is odd etc.
It comes at the expense of thermal efficiency, however. Tempered glass is much less heat-conductive than steel, not to mention aluminum.

As for debugging, I can just pull of my side-panel, if/when I need to troubleshoot something. I don't know how long it's even been since the last time I fastened the thumbscrews. The fit is nice and snug, so there's no need for me to secure it.

I can't tell you how many times I've quickly peeked at my CPU fan to see if my machine is even on (sleep-hibernation issues sometimes).
I had a sandybridge PC that did this about 3 times in 10 years. Whenever it happened, I'd get an over-temperature alarm and I could pop up the hardware monitor applet to see that the CPU fan was at 0 RPM. Never needed to physically look at it.

Honestly it looks really great as well asthetically.
That's the main argument for it, IMO. There are a few windowed cases I've seen that are simply gorgeous. I think this (discontinued) series is one of the better looking ones:

o5s.jpg

Otherwise, I'm quite happy with windowless.

Reactions: KyaraM