Maxtor 5000LE

Is it possible to replace the HDD in the Maxtor One Touch?

Thanks
Bob

Yes, it is just a standard IDE hard drive. Doesn't even have to be a
Maxtor. In fact, I'd suggest it shouldn't. They fail miserably in external
cases, even their own.

Be careful when you take it apart, though. There are copper clips around
the screws that seem unimportant, but are absolutely important. They carry
the heat to the case to cool the drive.

Tom
"Leanin' Cedar" <Nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message
> Is it possible to replace the HDD in the Maxtor One Touch?
>
> Thanks
> Bob

Thanks Tom;
I will give it a go.