Maxtor DiamonMax problem

G

OK. Here it is my problem. I have an AMD based PC with MSI K7T Pro Motherboard and Maxtor DiamondMax 20GB disk. Problems started before 3 monts when i sudnely lost all partitios on disk. After that i reinstal my WinMe and every time when i work more than 30min. disk starting to make some noise like when going from stand-by in active mode. Disk indicator shows large disk activity and after that system is frozen. Somethimes is shows that cant write on disk but that hapened 2 or 3 times till now. And sometimes disk isnt detected in bios. After this i change OS and runed Win98se and Win2K for some thime but the problems stayed. Iv tried to fix this problem on every way. Downloaded new drivers for every part of pc, flashed bios, run 3 difrent antivirus programs with latest update,run scandisk and make surface test but everything shows to be OK. Whats your opinion what can be the problem?
Thanks and sory for my bad english.

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I would have to say it's probably the drive. I would download the <A HREF="http://www.maxtor.com/Softwaredownload/default.htm" target="_new"><font color=blue>diagnostics</font color=blue></A> and see if you have a failed drive.

<font color=red>1GHz AMD x MSI K7T-Turbo x 512MB PC133 x 2-Maxtor 30GB/RAID 0 = Stream Line Butterfly</font color=red>

G

Iv tried with Maxtor diagnostic tools but they didnt find any problem and problems with my PC are stell here.

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
reseat all the cables...i mean EVERYTHING..and make sure that they are in there good..
also, check and make sure that the video card, and all pci cards are seated good.
sounds odd, but it can cause a bunch of problems.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-