Maxtor hd

HI, everyone
I have a Maxtor 40 hd that works, but my Bios reads it as Slave not
Master. I set the jumper to Master, Still read Slave. I want to copy
that hd to a new one. If I install it as a slave, new one as master,
it wont read

If anyone can help, Thanks

Karen
E-mail: wkf581@sbcglobal.net

"westua" <wkf581@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> HI, everyone
> I have a Maxtor 40 hd that works, but my Bios reads it as Slave not
> Master. I set the jumper to Master, Still read Slave. I want to copy
> that hd to a new one. If I install it as a slave, new one as master,
> it wont read
>
> If anyone can help, Thanks
>
> Karen
> E-mail: wkf581@sbcglobal.net

Swap the connectors on the IDE cable, and try again. That is, if system is
1, Maxtor 40 is 2 and new hard drive is 3, make Maxtor 40 number 3. -Dave

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 20:50:37 GMT Humanity I love.It's just people who
piss me off ;-) westua <wkf581@sbcglobal.net> wrote :

>HI, everyone
>I have a Maxtor 40 hd that works, but my Bios reads it as Slave not
>Master. I set the jumper to Master, Still read Slave. I want to copy
>that hd to a new one. If I install it as a slave, new one as master,
>it wont read
>
>If anyone can help, Thanks

Try taking off all the jumpers?
Also check the Maxtor support for the correct jumper legends,
http://www.maxtor.com/en/support/products/
I seem to recall mine being incorrect compared with the ones on their
site :/

--
Free Windows/PC help,
remove obvious to reply