[SOLVED] Maxtor one-touch with MacBook Air?

Nov 14, 2019
I have just found my Maxtor One touch 4 storage, is this compatible with MacBook Air?

<title edited by moderator for clarity>

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
If there is info already on it then probably. Mac can natively read Fat32 & Ntfs drives.
It can write to Fat32 drives but write access to NTFS formatted drives is turned off. There used to be a way to turn it on but i don't know if that is still valid.

Otherwise you can install a program capable of writing to NTFS or just copy the data off, reformat the drive as Exfat (has Windows, linux, & Mac compatibility) or one of the Mac formats like HSF+ . then copy the data back in.

popatim

Titan
If there is info already on it then probably. Mac can natively read Fat32 & Ntfs drives.
It can write to Fat32 drives but write access to NTFS formatted drives is turned off. There used to be a way to turn it on but i don't know if that is still valid.

Otherwise you can install a program capable of writing to NTFS or just copy the data off, reformat the drive as Exfat (has Windows, linux, & Mac compatibility) or one of the Mac formats like HSF+ . then copy the data back in.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS