Maxtor shows up in BIOS, cant install Windows 7

Deathmar

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
Had this HP desktop I fitted with a PCI SATA RAID card, and put in a Maxtor DiamondMax10 250 Gb drive (6B250S0), and a Seagate drive. Now I am giving this computer to my sis, so I am taking one of the hard drives (RAID was giving problems anyways). She is keeping the Maxtor and I am taking the Seagate.

First, I plug them into my computer (hot-plug) and format and use HD-Tune to check em out. Both pass

Secondly, I took the maxtor out, and stuck it into the HP.

Thirdly, I go to install Windows 7 and it does not show up.

So this is what I have done so far to try to fix it:

Checked it in BIOS settings, shows up.
Checked jumpers, there are none.
When connected to my computer, shows up in BIOS, not in Windows 7 installation, but yes in Windows.
Played around with the connections on the mobo, still the same as above
Went to HP's website, (Model m7580n) and downloaded the nForce Sata controller driver. Still nothing

Still no dice, any help would be appreciated.

darkjuggalo2000

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
wow maybe the motherboard has some sort of built in HP only compatability?... not sure past this you should be able to select AHCI mode... I would call hp and get more details on the bios.. maybe it needs a bios flash/update...

darkjuggalo2000

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
like i said try to get a bios update so that you can select AHCI Advanced Host Controller Interface that is how it needs to be set up the drive is prob a sata 1 drive and needs that controller interface to work with windows 7

TRENDING THREADS