[SOLVED] May someone help me with this?

Dec 22, 2019
So, I have a laptop with 4gb of memory, it works ok. So I wanted to add some more memory to it, so it'd be faster. I have an old laptop with also 4gb of ram, so I thought of removing it's memory, and putting in my current laptop and So I did, but it when I put the other memory, it just looks like my pc is not recognizing or anything, it only reads the original memory. So I thought, "this memory might be damaged or something, that must be the reason why the other laptop stopped working". So I asked my friend for a memory, just to test it up im my pc, and it's also not working, the same thing happen. I tested 3 different memories in my laptop, none of them worked, tried to change the slots, and nothing. What do you guys think?

Solution
Should work - likely yes.

Do be sure that the modules are a matched pair: 2 in the package, not two separately packaged modules.

I.e., a Kit.

However;I suggest that you look for more confirmations based on the RAM module specs.

Latency, voltage, timing, etc.

Compare the details and if there is a consensus then it is likely that the selected RAM modules will work.

Details matter.

Ralston18

Titan
You must match memory to the laptop's motherboard.

There are many types of memory modules and they must also be installed in specific configurations.

What make and model laptop?

The laptop's User Guide/Manual should provide a listing of supported memory and in what combinations.

If you do not have the User Guide then go to the laptop manufacturer's website and look for the laptop's specifications.

You can also go to memory sellers such as PNY, Kingston, Samsung. You can look up the supported memory modules by searching their website based on your laptop's make and model.

Some memory manufacturers have software that can scan your laptop and provide a list of compatible memory modules.

Depending on circumstances you will probably need to install a matched set of memory modules and configure for dual channel.

Again, that all depends on the laptop.

Reactions: FromHell666
Dec 22, 2019
You must match memory to the laptop's motherboard.

There are many types of memory modules and they must also be installed in specific configurations.

What make and model laptop?

The laptop's User Guide/Manual should provide a listing of supported memory and in what combinations.

If you do not have the User Guide then go to the laptop manufacturer's website and look for the laptop's specifications.

You can also go to memory sellers such as PNY, Kingston, Samsung. You can look up the supported memory modules by searching their website based on your laptop's make and model.

Some memory manufacturers have software that can scan your laptop and provide a list of compatible memory modules.

Depending on circumstances you will probably need to install a matched set of memory modules and configure for dual channel.

Again, that all depends on the laptop.
My laptop is a Lenovo G40-70, 80GA

Ralston18

Titan
Dec 21, 2019
as i see you cant use diferent model of ram sticks.for example one of 2gb corsair and one of 2 gigs hyperx.it cant be used because both sticks have some of their comannds and rules.simply sayng it mst be both stiks samsung or corsair or hyperx

Dec 22, 2019
Here is one link that I found:

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Lenovo/lenovo-g40-70

Look for similar links and determine if the links are consistent with respect to RAM specifications.

Standard memory:

DDR3L, SODIMM × 1 / SODIMM × 2 (max 8 GB / 16 GB)

Reference:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd030482

Key is to verify the specs and then purchase accordingly.
So like, according to those infos, this one* should work, right?

https://m.kabum.com.br/produto/77318/mem-ria-kingston-8gb-1600mhz-ddr3-l-notebook-cl11-kcp3l16sd8-8 *

I'm thinking of buying 2 of those, 2x 8GB

Ralston18

Titan
Should work - likely yes.

Do be sure that the modules are a matched pair: 2 in the package, not two separately packaged modules.

I.e., a Kit.

However;I suggest that you look for more confirmations based on the RAM module specs.

Latency, voltage, timing, etc.

Compare the details and if there is a consensus then it is likely that the selected RAM modules will work.

Details matter.

Solution