maybe a few month of fame to intel.

morg

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
actually,
i think it's only the beginning...

conroe marketting campaign is good.
i think about a thing or two... amd has not tried to discredit the benchmark. haven't done any press release to counter the opinion about the conroe performance gap with lastest intel processors.

i've read things like: increasing fsb couldn't increase performance but... it's exactly what we are doing while we overclock our CPU.

i've read too : 65 nm process can't bring a 20% performance gap...

and i disagree with that one... fx-60 can be outperformed by conroe and it's normal, conroe isn't out yet... if it couldn't get on top, it wouldn't be worth to release...

the only case where i see AMD telling nothing is while they already have what they want and releasing someting better on the last week before conroe gets out... or at least announcing it like intel is doing right now.

conroe WILL be stronger that actual cpu... that is a fact.

amd will release something stronger and probably with higher clock
with ease thanks to 800mhz ddr2 so... if you understand the gap... fx-60 will have an effective minimum of 400mhz fsb

can we tell conroe WILL be more efficient ? no. we can tell he has good chances.

... IF AMD DOES NOTHING TO COUNTER ...
if they doesn't, i'll probably buy a conroe next year.

counterpart...

if intel release a product that couldn't do these benchmark results, they'll loose much more that when they released prescott as an improvement over their lastest cpu's...

if i remember correctly, intel anounced PRESCOTTS... a really improved platform with more power and more possibility...

and AMD launched... s754 A64 outperforming, out featuring and... cheaper... ( then, i switched from amd to intel... )

the same kind of campaign is done now and it's intel again... that's why i doubt it can be true... i'll trust it when i'll see a conroe on sale and benched by users... conroe could be single side optimized ... the sides intel benched it. running every games maxed out with dual screen.

personally, i think conroe will beat the first wave of dual core cpu's and will be outperformed by a 3.2ghz a64 single core in games a few months after launch

morg

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
also, i'm happy, intel finally got something good... i know these words can hurt but i really hope they'll get straight to the point this time...

when it comes to gaming, intel isn't there...

i would like to see a single core with higher clocks of their high end cpu to be able to compete with the already released fx-57 to see if they can hold the flags...