Question Maybe cpu problem?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
So i build 2 months ago my 1st pc. Followed every step. But since then i am experiencing problem when i am gaming. When i am about to launch the game or few minutes after launch my pc lose power and restarts. It is happenning only on certain games. Sometimes i have 2 or 3 lucky days without restarts. I changed my psu already to evga 850w supernova g+ gold assuming it is psu what causing it. Nice try. Tried to reroute and reconnect every cable. Also i took care if cables are connected how they should be. Nothing....what i might try is to reconnect ram sticka. Heard there might be some kind of problem. Other than that idk...i dont think it is my hpu cause its working amazing even in high loads on average 60-70 degrees. So it only leaves me with possible bad mobo or cpu or at least cpu placement. Can it help when i take out cpu and put it carefully back. Heard about it aswell sometimes there might be problem with cpu placement. Also i could break pins while i was placing it down 1st time. This problem is makimg me headaches

Asus prime b360m-a
I7 8700
Gtx 1660 TI with no OC
16GB ram
2x 500gb ssd ....1 is m.2
Evga supernova 850 g+

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
Try what i suggested. Limit cpu power state. There are youtube guides showing how if not sure.

Limit cpu to around 70% so the cpu isn't clocking to maximum. If problem stops, it's pointing toward VRM and would suggest a better motherboard.
Ok i can try it. Like i wanted better motherboard but i am not that rich to buy top components. This build already cost me about 1000€ and its way more i wanted at first when i decided i am going to buy and build my pc.
Thanks probabbly i will try it next week and let u know if something happenned after couple days

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
Try what i suggested. Limit cpu power state. There are youtube guides showing how if not sure.

Limit cpu to around 70% so the cpu isn't clocking to maximum. If problem stops, it's pointing toward VRM and would suggest a better motherboard.

u mean this thing?

https://thewindowsclub-thewindowscl...p-content/uploads/2012/03/processor-power.jpg

if i get it right i need to set maximum cpu state on 70% right?
dont worry i dont have laptop. i found this picture on internet cause my system is in slovak language

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
Further researching my findings, that motherboard does not come with any VRM heat sinks. This is most likely the cause for your sporatic restarts. You could try to update the bios to Version 2602.
so i looked on internet and there are some coolers/heatsinks or whatever u can buy and pop them on it.
is it worth trying. like i already set maximum of cpu to 70% and since than no power loss. but its a bit early to say it was because of mobo VRM but 1st time after long time i am confident it was

and if i will go and buy better mobo is this one good enough

https://www.alza.sk/asus-tuf-b360-pro-gaming-wifi-d5289343.htm i went for the one that has bluetooth

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
Further researching my findings, that motherboard does not come with any VRM heat sinks. This is most likely the cause for your sporatic restarts. You could try to update the bios to Version 2602.
and tell me about that version 2602. why 2602. i already updated my bios 2 weeks ago i think to latest one

TRENDING THREADS