Question Maybe cpu problem?

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
So i build 2 months ago my 1st pc. Followed every step. But since then i am experiencing problem when i am gaming. When i am about to launch the game or few minutes after launch my pc lose power and restarts. It is happenning only on certain games. Sometimes i have 2 or 3 lucky days without restarts. I changed my psu already to evga 850w supernova g+ gold assuming it is psu what causing it. Nice try. Tried to reroute and reconnect every cable. Also i took care if cables are connected how they should be. Nothing....what i might try is to reconnect ram sticka. Heard there might be some kind of problem. Other than that idk...i dont think it is my hpu cause its working amazing even in high loads on average 60-70 degrees. So it only leaves me with possible bad mobo or cpu or at least cpu placement. Can it help when i take out cpu and put it carefully back. Heard about it aswell sometimes there might be problem with cpu placement. Also i could break pins while i was placing it down 1st time. This problem is makimg me headaches

Asus prime b360m-a
I7 8700
Gtx 1660 TI with no OC
16GB ram
2x 500gb ssd ....1 is m.2
Evga supernova 850 g+

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
also what about case. I heard some things about some cases are the problem. I have cooler master masterbox lite 5. Is it worth trying new case just incase it is simple as that

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
i have cooler master hyper 212 LED. yeah i replaced all of them if i accidenttly didnt swapped it but i dont think so cause i pulled out old psu with cables still in it

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
Can you double check the in game temperatures using MSI Afterburner's on screen display?
What is the power supply plugged into? A power strip or UPS?
i chcked temps in fifa 20. in this game it started losing power lately. playing on high settings. played one match and temps stayed at gpu - 40 degrees (39-41) and cpu 50 degrees.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Troubleshooting suggestions.

Windows power plan set to balance and configure maximum processor state to like 70%. See if there's any change. Could be the motherboard VRM not coping.

Test each ram separately in A2 slot, first grey slot from cpu.

Dodgy case buttons? Disconnect the case power on/reset buttons from motherboard. Short the power on pins with a metal object, screw driver or paper clip. If nothing changes and still restarts, shutdown normally in Windows and reconnect wires.

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
i
You can troubleshoot all of my suggestions above with out buying anything. Did you try any of them?
I checked cables if it isnt loose. The end of power strip leading to wall was little bit loose. It was shaking little bit in wall socket. Now its rock hard in it. But idk if there was problem. I will wait couple days if i willl get power cut/restart. Then i might try other power strip to make sure. But my bro has pc in the same room as me and he doesnt have any problems. But he has weaker pc containing gtx 1050 and i5 8400 with i believe only 180W psu if i am correct so...i am going to wait...its working 2 days now but like i said earlier it sometimes dissapeares and then appears again

If it will work at least for month without problem we can say it was loose power strip end.

Thank u for now!!! I let u guys know if restart occurs again

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
You can troubleshoot all of my suggestions above with out buying anything. Did you try any of them?
also what about this thing...is it good. i have one wall socket near my pc but there is only one output and there is already tv setup box thing connected. i can try buy this and plug my pc into as well

https://www.alza.sk/velamp-zasuvkova-rozdvojka-dvojita-adat-fr-1-d5443199.htm

because i was looking at cabling today and it is looking very bad. like i have pc connected in power strip. power strip is connected in another power strip then to last power strip and to wall. i think it could be by lobger distance from wall socket. i can try connect this thing if i buy it and it will be almost 99% direct connection with shorter, way shorter distance

UPS system ?? what do u mean

An uninterruptible power supply (ups) has the ability to take in poor quality power and smooth it out to remove ripple and other distortions that can lead to problems with appliances like computers. You would need to buy one that can provide enough output to run your PC. They are not a long term replacement for providing a safe and reliable source of power though...you really need to hire an electrician and have an appropriate power outlet installed to feed your PC.

https://www.alza.sk/fortron-ups-fp-1000-d5260186.htm?o=3

Last edited: