Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2020
Okay, so it started by upgrading my aio fans, after the upgrade, I powered on my pc and got error code "no RAM detected".

I was mad at myself but after testing every ram slot with both sticks in all combinations alone, and in pair, after testing 3PSU's and taking everything off multiple times I still had this problem.

Now I bought a new board and this mobo doesn't even turn on. its RGB only light up for a split second and doesn't run for more than a second when a CPU is inserted. my question to you all is if the problem is my RAM, my PSU, my CPU or the mobo itself. thank you for reading this post.

specs:
mobo1 -> Asrock fatality i7 profesional z270 lga1151
mobo2 -> Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA socket 1151
RAM -> Corsair vengance rgb 3000hz
CPU -> i5-7500
PSU1-> Corsair RM850x
PSU2->Coolermaster 500lite

So your system with the z270 motherboard was working ok prior to upgrading the AIO fans? Are you sure you connected up the new AIO fans correctly to your motherboard?

You might try putting back the old AIO fans to test. If that works then it's like the new AOI fans either not working or not connected properly, or possibly the fan headers on your motherboard.

Some motherboards will not POST/boot if they can't detect a fan connected to the CPU fan header.

Reactions: Rubendabiest
Okay, so it started by upgrading my aio fans, after the upgrade, I powered on my pc and got error code "no RAM detected".

I was mad at myself but after testing every ram slot with both sticks in all combinations alone, and in pair, after testing 3PSU's and taking everything off multiple times I still had this problem.

Now I bought a new board and this mobo doesn't even turn on. its RGB only light up for a split second and doesn't run for more than a second when a CPU is inserted. my question to you all is if the problem is my RAM, my PSU, my CPU or the mobo itself. thank you for reading this post.

specs:
mobo1 -> Asrock fatality i7 profesional z270 lga1151
mobo2 -> Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA socket 1151
RAM -> Corsair vengance rgb 3000hz
CPU -> i5-7500
PSU1-> Corsair RM850x
PSU2->Coolermaster 500lite
It's possible that you bumped the CPU out of alignment in the CPU socket and all you needed to do was reseat the CPU by taking it out and placing it back in the slot after checking for bent pins in the socket.

Reactions: Rubendabiest
Jan 23, 2020
Okay so turn out i needed to reset the bios. i definitely thought i did that already but usually, it takes 2seconds, it turns out I needed about 5minuts instead. Thank you all for the advice.

Jan 23, 2020
So your system with the z270 motherboard was working ok prior to upgrading the AIO fans? Are you sure you connected up the new AIO fans correctly to your motherboard?

You might try putting back the old AIO fans to test. If that works then it's like the new AOI fans either not working or not connected properly, or possibly the fan headers on your motherboard.

Some motherboards will not POST/boot if they can't detect a fan connected to the CPU fan header.
So resetting the bios did the trick altho I also both fans in a splitter and changed it to 2 different fan headers. so maybe it was that as well. thanks for replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.