[SOLVED] Maybe issue with my card ?

Sep 19, 2020
Hey
so about a month ago I got myself a new 2060 super since then I have a weird issue that started to show up while I either play something like Rust or watch a movie the computer will just start acting up like its sitting on 1 fps (if I have a game open it will show 1 fps) nothing will respond and for the next few seconds the computer will be unusable on either monitor and if I have a video playing the sounds will start stuttering but after those few seconds it will be perfectly fine.

So far I have reinstalled windows and had the task manager open but nothing will be maxing out or even showing a weird activity, both the temps on my gpu and cpu dont go above 69 C but again its really random like 1 week it wont happened at all and another it will happen twice in 30minutes.
If anyone knows what can cause it that will be awesome.

GPU-2060 super
CPU-I7-4790k
24gb of ram

Thank you again

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Maybe run memtestx86 and see if your memory config is still working correctly.

Other options include underclocking the GPU slightly on the memory to see if that helps.

Could also be related to the latest Windows release. Grab the latest drivers for everything in your system, consider updating the BIOS if a newer one is available.

If your CPU has an overclock, consider reducing it. Over time silicon degrades due to voltage.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Maybe run memtestx86 and see if your memory config is still working correctly.

Other options include underclocking the GPU slightly on the memory to see if that helps.

Could also be related to the latest Windows release. Grab the latest drivers for everything in your system, consider updating the BIOS if a newer one is available.

If your CPU has an overclock, consider reducing it. Over time silicon degrades due to voltage.

Solution