[SOLVED] Maybe problem with install of Aorus b450, Seasonic gold 650w, Ryzen 3700x

Nov 21, 2019
Hi,
It's been 8 years since I built a pc but I'm having a problem with this, or maybe not. So I'm trying to install a Gigabyte B450 AORUS Elite with a modular 650W Seasonic Core Gold GM-650 8 and a Ryzen 3700x. Cpu is installed with cooler. I currently just have the atx board power supply plugged in though previously I had cpu (12v_atx right with all 8 pins? There's only one set of 8 pins that fits so assume I got the right ones though they are split into 2 squares of 4 pins ) and USB for cooler and cpu fan plugged in. Now it's just the board power supply plugged in. But same thing happens. A whitish light flashes once under the silver thing with the orange Eagle on it next to the usb3 pins then nothing.. any tips?

Solution
Hi Gusss. You have a 3700X Zen2 CPU. The B450 Aorus Elite is a board that supported the Zen+ out of the box but not the 3700X. To support that CPU this board needs a BIOS update. If the seller did not tell you that it was Ryzen 3000 ready meaning they updated the BIOS for you or if the motherboard box does not have a "Ryzen 3000 ready" sticker on it you need a BIOS update.

AMD lend a kit with an old CPU so you can put it in and update the BIOS before switching to the 3700X.

It's that or you will have to bring the system to a local shop for them to do it or you have to buy an older CPU so you can do that yourself.

AMD LENDING KIT PAGE:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100#faq-Short-Term-Processor-Loan-Boot-Kit
Hi Gusss. You have a 3700X Zen2 CPU. The B450 Aorus Elite is a board that supported the Zen+ out of the box but not the 3700X. To support that CPU this board needs a BIOS update. If the seller did not tell you that it was Ryzen 3000 ready meaning they updated the BIOS for you or if the motherboard box does not have a "Ryzen 3000 ready" sticker on it you need a BIOS update.

AMD lend a kit with an old CPU so you can put it in and update the BIOS before switching to the 3700X.

It's that or you will have to bring the system to a local shop for them to do it or you have to buy an older CPU so you can do that yourself.

AMD LENDING KIT PAGE:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100#faq-Short-Term-Processor-Loan-Boot-Kit

Solution
Nov 21, 2019

AMD LENDING KIT PAGE:

Hi thanks for the reply. But the box does say Ryzen 3000 desktop ready

TRENDING THREADS