Maybe someone can help?

Hi,

I have just put a GF4 440mx in an Asrock k7vm2 motherboard (With 256mb
PC2100 and an AMD xp2000, Dell flatpanel), and all seems to work fine.

However, when I examine the card's properties in Sandra or try to run a
game, it is shown to have anything from 1mb of onboard memory, to 10mb. It
had 64mb in the other PC, any idea what might be going wrong?

Many thanks for any help recieved,

Neil

"spica" <spicanospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have just put a GF4 440mx in an Asrock k7vm2 motherboard (With 256mb
> PC2100 and an AMD xp2000, Dell flatpanel), and all seems to work fine.
>
> However, when I examine the card's properties in Sandra or try to run a
> game, it is shown to have anything from 1mb of onboard memory, to 10mb. It
> had 64mb in the other PC, any idea what might be going wrong?
>
> Many thanks for any help recieved,

At boot-up check and see what BIOS ver. and RAM size on the card. This first
post will be really quick. If your PC like Gateway / DELL / HP etc... that
have it logo, can you disble it to reveal the post.

and or

Goto Display Properties > Setting > advanced > Geforce > GeForce [the first
menu option or the main root].
You can check in this area for Adapter Information, System Information,
Driver version information.
Does bot area show correctly?

Check your board for model to see if it indicate the model and it memory
size.
Check your board packaging and see if showing or indicating differently.

If packaging and the vga board is corresponding correctly, then your vga
board may need to have it BIOS update [if possible]. If there no BIOS
available, you may need to have the card send in and have the service / rma
department to fix this issue.

1 Note - Certain GF2/3/4 MX series can not be update the BIOS by flashing.
It is due to certain BIOS rom chip it use.
2 Note - Do not count on Sandra to be accurate for information. It sometime
get the wrong info. You can try AIDIA32 from download website.

OR

Return the card from your vendor for replacement.

Thanks for your helpful reply. I'll have a go at all of those, updating the
bios(es) seems like a good idea.

Cheers,

Neil

TRENDING THREADS