Maybe Stupid Question...Can I Game and Have Second Display for Other?

MagusALL

Honorable
May 24, 2013
As titles states I am wondering if I can have one of my two monitors performing a full-screen gaming application while I am still able to use my other monitor to perhaps browse the internet through Firefox. I have a i7-3770k and a GTX 760. Is there any way to do this or no? I am running Windows 8.1 Pro (yeah I know.)

MagusALL

Honorable
May 24, 2013
Like anything else I have never attempted my response is "I shall see."

This is a term I have heard much since building my first then second rig and since throwing myself off the deep end of getting into computers so it is the next logical step. I guess it was inevitable than. Thanks for the link I guess I still have much to learn.

gbryan101

Honorable
May 28, 2013
VMWare is pretty much the go to standard for virtual machines. I sort of like VirtualBox because it stores the VM parameters in XML files so you can juggle them around if you want. I honestly don't do much with virtual machines save when I am testing code that has me pretty scared.

If you have an old laptop, get a KVM switch for it and then sit it on your desk. You could use the same keyboard and mouse you are already using and then just toggle the switch back and forth between gaming and browsing.

So am I sir, I don't mind beta testing but I also hope my few minor bugs disappear with final. I am a fan of windows-8 for a dozen reasons. I hated it at first but came around Quickly. I felt negative comments coming (win-7 fanboys) I should have keep quiet...:eek: You have a great day and get those monitors running.