Maybe we should do gardening more instead of buying "FUN" things?

rino_cerb

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017
I am totally "digging" these microbes. I always wondered why gardening in general made me smile and be cheerful. Guessing not wearing gloves also helps?

http://insaneclopedia.com/1415/antidepressant-microbes-soil-dirt-makes-happy/

Ralston18

Titan
For many years I have very much enjoyed outdoor work: digging holes, cutting and splitting wood, demolition work., etc..

All too well documented that physical exercise of any sort is beneficial. Even more so if you find something you really like to do.

Nice if you can get your hands toughened up enough to not need gloves. However, I have learned that such a macho approach can be detrimental and painful.

Spiders can and do bite, splinter's exist, blisters arrive. Will skip the gloves for lightweight work. Heavy duty, messy stuff, gloves are a must.

Also seeing more and more worker bee types using knee pads and safety gear: eye and ear protection. Stuff I wish I had paid more attention to.

Catches up.....

Gardening is good. Keep it up.

Nerdy Nerd

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
You have posted this on the wrong forum. This is a technical forum and not a gardening or environmental forum. This forum deals with helping people fix there electronics to help with picking out pc parts and many other technical things.

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
I've been thinking about starting a garden for a long time to grow some vegetables and herbs, also a buddy of mine said he grows sunflowers then harvests the seeds, salts them and eats them... and sunflower seeds are probably my favorite thing on the planet :pt1cable:

Ralston18

Titan
@JeckeL - Go for it.

However, please be aware: squirrels love sunflower seeds also.....

Does not take much to grow herbs - just a few pots and a sunny place to put them. And water as necessary.

The growing part is generally easy. Protecting the garden is often problematic. Not at all uncommon to get up one morning and find all munched away.

Do not know where you live of course but many areas have groups comprised of local Master Gardeners. They are well trained and very knowledgeable.

They tend to set up shop here and there (e.g., local libraries) to provide free information, advice, and recommendations. You can take in weeds, insects, problem plants and get help with yard and garden problems. Any local agricultural agencies may be able to help as well - soil testing perhaps.

But first, just get your hands dirty and plant stuff. See what happens. Enjoy.

TRENDING THREADS