[SOLVED] MB gets power, but no display

magicbush

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
So I just ordered and received all my new parts. Put it all together, and the MB lights up so it's getting power. However, the GPU fan spins like mad, and the case fans don't spin. The CPU fan spins a second or so and stops. There is also no display. I had some trouble getting the heatsink ok the MB and I'm hoping I didn't damage it. It looked fine once I finally got it on though. But a little bit of Arctic silver did get on the MB which I wiped up. I am just looking for a few tips or if I need to send the MB back?

I have the tufgaming x570 with the 3700x Ryzen 7. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16gb ddr 4. Super Nova EVGA 650 PSU.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Solution
So nevermind I got it to work! I didn't plugin two pcie power cables. I needed to run two separate one 8 and one 6 pin to it. This thing needs a lot of power lol. I also didn't have the RAM seated well as at first it wouldn't even get past ram on the led indicator. Then it went to white, and kept saying to plugin my pcie cable because I only had one running to it. Plugged in a second cable and it booted. Thanks for suggesting about the GPU as I wouldn't have really thought about messing with it.

magicbush

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
So nevermind I got it to work! I didn't plugin two pcie power cables. I needed to run two separate one 8 and one 6 pin to it. This thing needs a lot of power lol. I also didn't have the RAM seated well as at first it wouldn't even get past ram on the led indicator. Then it went to white, and kept saying to plugin my pcie cable because I only had one running to it. Plugged in a second cable and it booted. Thanks for suggesting about the GPU as I wouldn't have really thought about messing with it.

Solution