[SOLVED] MB, GPU, RAM compability

Daniel8

Prominent
Mar 12, 2020
Hello, I would like to ask...
1) Are all DDR4 DIMM RAMs compatible with my desktop MB, which wants DDR4, or exists some DDR4 DIMM RAM, which isn't compatible with my MB?

2) Are all pcie x16 GPU compatible with modern MB with pci-e x16 slots? (I have 15 years old pci-e x16 GPU and 2 years old MB with pci-e x16 slots)

Thank you

Solution
1) Are all DDR4 DIMM RAMs compatible with my desktop MB, which wants DDR4, or exists some DDR4 DIMM RAM, which isn't compatible with my MB?

2) Are all pcie x16 GPU compatible with modern MB with pci-e x16 slots? (I have 15 years old pci-e x16 GPU and 2 years old MB with pci-e x16 slots)

Thank you
In theory yes all new boards should support the old GPUs that fit they're socket. Does this actually apply no, not in all cases there have been some reports of new boards not supporting certain GPUs not to the lack of claim but physical driver support.

Thank you
In theory yes all new boards should support the old GPUs that fit they're socket. Does this actually apply no, not in all cases there have been some reports of new boards not supporting certain GPUs not to the lack of claim but physical driver support.

Solution